ACCELERATE FOOD + AG INNOVATION
TERRA is a global innovation accelerator fueling ground-breaking transformation in the Food & Agriculture industry. Our program brings together experts, decision-makers, and innovators across the entire value chain – capturing and fostering synergies that catapult major breakthroughs into scalable solutions by pairing emerging growth companies with established multinationals, in a pilot-driven engagement that leads to tangible results.
Why Do People Choose TERRA?
We cut through the wasted energy of directionless innovation to achieve real and lasting outcomes. The TERRA framework is an execution discipline, driving big thinking and decisive action to move people and ideas constantly forward.
Food + Ag Specialization
We have cross-disciplinary industry expertise with a specialization in Food and Agriculture, which means we understand our collaborators’ unique needs and goals and are structured to capture synergies across the entire value chain.
Founding Partners Rabobank + RocketSpace
Moving at the speed of light with the strength of the industry’s networked connections behind us, Rabobank and RocketSpace’s joint forces accelerate the outcomes from the pilots born out of the TERRA program.
WHAT KIND OF STARTUPS SHOULD APPLY?
- Consumer Food Products
- Connected Kitchen
- Food E-Commerce
- Sustainable Packaging
- Functional Nutrition
- Precision Engineering + Support Tech
- Smart Equipment + Hardware
- Biologicals + Biochemicals
- Irrigation + Water Tech
- Soil + Crop Tech
- Indoor Agriculture
- Animal Health
- Dairy Alternatives
- Novel Ingredients
- Food Safety + Traceability
- Sustainable + Alternative Protein
- Meal Replacements + Supplements
- Waste Technology
- Food Science
- Our expansive ecosystem promotes collaboration and cross-pollination up and down the Food and Ag value chain.
- Our pilot program provides a low-risk platform to validate technologies, strategies, products, and ideas.
- Our outcome-driven framework is a proven way to accelerate innovation, realize market efficiencies, and achieve success.
- Our reputation and network of leading Food and Ag collaborators provide an industry-wide “stamp of approval” that amplifies awareness and opens doors.
- Seed to Series B funded startups preferred
- Product, service, or technology already active in market
- Ability to travel to San Francisco for Kick-Off and Demo Day
COHORT IV TIMELINE
The TERRA Cohort IV program kicks off in September 2019, with an online curriculum of workshops and mentoring for the startups, followed by a pilot testing and iteration phase. The program wraps up with a final demo day in San Francisco.
January - April
COHORT IV Applications
June - August
Finalist Selection and Business Unit Navigation Sprints
September - December
Kick-off and Pilot Phase
"This has been the best pilot we've ever done because we got far better results than we anticipated."Abi Ramanan CEO, ImpactVision | Cohort I
"We knew that we would be working with collaborators who wanted to test our products in the field in real-life situations."Steven Hartmeier CEO, mOasis | Cohort I