IT’S TIME TO ACCELERATE FOOD + AG INNOVATION
TERRA is a first-of-its-kind program bringing together the industry’s most disruptive startups and progressive corporations to fuel cross-industry innovation and set a new standard for food and agriculture. Unlike other accelerator programs, this program is designed to be an ongoing innovation platform that will result in a continuous stream of commercially viable solutions. Combining RocketSpace’s global tech ecosystem and startup network with Rabobank’s food and agribusiness leadership and expertise, TERRA’s unique model will provide startups with the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with our corporate partners in a dedicated product validation program.
What Makes TERRA Unique?
Attracts the Best Startups
Proactive outreach, a multiple corporate model, and no equity requirements generate greater interest in the program among a higher caliber of startups.
Our program is designed with the startup needs in mind – from a virtual curriculum, to simplified application process, to the pilot designs for each cohort.
Embedded Pilot Testing
A product validation phase helps advance corporate-startup partnerships. Participating corporations are able to design and test new startup technologies for their business.
Unbiased + Independent Partners
Partnerships formed with industry organizations to provide support, coaching and resources to participating startups during the program. Partnerships include access to a commercial kitchen.
WHAT KIND OF STARTUPS SHOULD APPLY?
- Consumer Food Products
- Connected Kitchen
- Food E-Commerce
- Sustainable Packaging
- Functional Nutrition
- Precision Engineering + Support Tech
- Smart Equipment + Hardware
- Biologicals + Biochemicals
- Irrigation + Water Tech
- Soil + Crop Tech
- Indoor Agriculture
- Animal Health
- Dairy Alternatives
- Novel Ingredients
- Food Safety + Traceability
- Sustainable + Alternative Protein
- Meal Replacements + Supplements
- Waste Technology
- Food Science
- Work hand-in-hand in a dedicated product validation program with the top corporates in the Food & Agriculture industry
- Validate, iterate, and optimize your product through invaluable feedback and resources from TERRA and our Corporate Collaborators
- Access to a tailored, virtual curriculum to increase the speed and efficiency of your product validation, Go-To-Market strategy, and industry knowledge
- No cost / Zero Equity-Requirements for Startups
- Seed to Series B funded startups preferred
- Product, service, or technology already active in market
- Ability to travel to San Francisco for Kick-Off and Demo Day
COHORT III TIMELINE
The TERRA Cohort III program kicks off in September 26 2018, with an online curriculum of workshops and mentoring for the startups, followed by a pilot testing and iteration phase. The program wraps up with a final demo day in San Francisco.
April 30 - June 8
COHORT III Applications
July - August
Finalist Selection & Business Unit Navigation Sprints
September – February
Kick-off & Pilot Phase
"This has been the best pilot we've ever done because we got far better results than we anticipated."Abi Ramanan CEO, ImpactVision | Cohort I
"We knew that we would be working with collaborators who wanted to test our products in the field in real-life situations."Steven Hartmeier CEO, mOasis | Cohort I